Body Material: Aluminum
Dishwasher Safe: Yes
Oven Safe: Yes
Induiction Compatible: No
Items: 8” and 10” frying pans, 1-quart and 2-quart saucepans with lid, 3-quart sauté pan with lid, and 3-quart and 6-quart stockpots with lids
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The pieces look elegant, especially the smooth black exterior and lids with wide metal rims.
- The saute pan is perfect for stir-frying due to its slanted wall.
- The cookware features rolled edges for drip-free pouring.
- It offers three layers of nonstick coating, allowing each one to withstand years of use.
- The handles and lids stay cool during the use of cookware.
- Each one distributes heat on gas cooktops.
OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick Cookware is one of the nonstick sets we tested with our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team. It has the beauty you would expect from any product of OXO, but does it deserve to be a part of your kitchen collection?
Upon initial inspection, OXO Good Grips Nonstick Pro didn’t fail our standards. The set offers a complete package of the cookware pieces you need: 8” and 10” frying pans, 1-quart and 2-quart saucepans with lid, 3-quart and 6-quart stockpots with lids, and 3-quart sauté pan with lid.
The flawless tempered glass lids have steel rims that add to the overall charm of the set. Moreover, each piece has a thick, hard-anodized aluminum body and ergonomic stainless steel handles. And thanks to the cookware’s excellent build, the OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick pieces are oven safe to 430°F.
The nonstick layer of OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick comes pretty much tougher than what the other sets offer due to its triple-layer application. The German-engineered coat is PFOA-free and proved to be very efficient in our test. We seared steaks and fried eggs on frying pans with no problem, while the sauté pan browned vegetables perfectly. Most of all, the pieces released the food items as if we used plenty of oil to them. Everything just slid smoothly and effortlessly. However, we noticed that its saucepans and stockpots didn’t do well in simmering sauces. The pieces can work for their intended purpose, but it would require your extra attention when simmering liquids to prevent scorches.
On the other hand, while it is true that OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick is a thing of beauty, keeping it at its prime appearance can be challenging. Our testers noted the pieces stained when we used them for gas cooktops. With this, it defeats its dishwasher-safe feature as you might need to hand-scrub some nasty stains in the future.
OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick FAQs:
Is the OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick oven-safe?
- Yes, the OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick set is oven-safe up to 430°F.
Can you use the OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick cookware for induction cooktops
- The OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick is not for induction cooking.
Can you use the OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick cookware for electric stoves?
- Yes, the OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick cookware will work perfectly, even on electric stoves.
Do the lids have vent holes?
- The OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick cookware set lids do not have vent holes.
Do the cookware pieces have pouring spouts?
- The OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick cookware pieces do not have pouring spouts. Instead, they have rolled edges for drip-free pouring.