Number of Layers: 3
Induction Ready: Yes
Dishwasher Safe: Yes
Items: one 2-quart saucepan with lid, one 3-quart sauté pan with helper handle and lid, one 4.5-quart Dutch oven with lid, one 8-quart stockpot with lid, one 8-inch skillet, and one 10-inch skillet
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The finish and build are excellent: no sharp edges and the lids perfectly fit the cookware.
- Each cookware has substantial heft, which reflects how solid its body is.
- It has a good resistance against stains, and removing stains from burned foods on interior cooking surfaces is easy.
- All the pieces are oven-safe up to 500°F.
- There is a middle aluminum layer that promotes faster heating and a more even distribution of heat.
- The layers of aluminum and stainless steel extend up to the rims of the cookware.
- Handles do not heat that much.
This French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless line from Cuisinart was one of the sets we tested for the best stainless steel cookware of 2021. And although it didn’t make it to be on top of our roundup, it can still offer something magnificent for Cuisinart fanatics out there.
The French Classic line was Cuisinart’s gesture for honoring its heritage. With this, the set comes with lots of cookware pieces: one 2-quart saucepan with lid, one 3-quart sauté pan with helper handle and lid, one 4.5-quart Dutch oven with lid, one 8-quart stockpot with lid, one 8-inch skillet, and one 10-inch skillet.
The brand also designed the line using alternating layers of stainless steel and aluminum. And unlike some of its competitors, its tri-ply build extends up to the rim of each cookware. With this, Cuisinart brags its new Heat Surround Technology that distributes the heat across the cooking surface up to the walls of the cookware.
In our test, the skillets of the Cuisinart French Classic set did a great job at searing steaks evenly. However, we noticed that some of the pieces didn’t perform that well to prevent the scorching of sauces. And while they were impressive in gas and induction cooktops, using them for electric stoves gave us uneven heating results.
On a positive note, we loved how the handles of the pans and pots stay relatively cool to touch compared to other stainless steel cookware sets we tried. The build of the handles and lids is also lovely and smooth, with no sharp corners in any way. They also have rivets, which can assure you of their total durability. Each piece is hefty, but that is forgivable, given that the line applies a tri-ply construction.
On the other hand, we have to admit that Cuisinart French Classic is also one of the best in terms of aesthetics. Besides the flawless production of each piece, their ability to resist stains will draw you. After all the tests we performed, they managed to come out looking all new and pristine. Cleaning them up is also not a pain at all. All pans and pots are dishwasher-safe and even if you accidentally burned meat on its surface, removing the stains isn’t challenging.
Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless Cookware FAQs:
Is the Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply stainless cookware set induction-ready?
- Yes, the pots and pans in the Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply line are compatible with induction cooktops.
What are the lids made of?
- The lids of the Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply line are stainless steel.
Are the lids interchangeable?
- The lids of the stockpot, Dutch oven, and saute pan are interchangeable, all of which can fit the 10″ skillet.