Type: Stainless Steel
Number of Plies: 3
Items: 8″ skillet, 10″ skillet, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart deep saute pan with lid, and 6-quart stockpot with lid
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The exterior features a hammered copper surface.
- The stockpot, saute pans, and saucepans come with stainless steel lids.
- Each piece has riveted cast stainless steel handles.
- Rolled rims prevent dripping sauces after pouring them into another container.
- The smooth surface of the cookware allows easy removal of food.
- Handles are smooth and feel solid, and do not wiggle.
The Lagostina Martellata hammered stainless steel cookware is probably one of the most beautiful sets we’ve ever tried before. It can rival the designs of Rachel Ray cookware which is famous for its stunning colors. Yet, more things will make you covet this Lagostina Martellata set.
The Lagostina Martellata cookware set comes with an 8″ skillet, 10″ skillet, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart deep saute pan with lid, and 6-quart stockpot with lid. Each one flaunts a beautiful hammered copper exterior that makes it stand out among the other stainless steel sets we’ve had. Together with an attractive hue, the textured surface gives the pieces a very distinctive appearance not just on your cooktop but anywhere in your kitchen. Besides its charm, the material gives it extra power in its cooking performance.
The pieces use three layers of materials: interior 18/10 stainless steel, an aluminum core, and exterior hammered copper. Each one plays a vital role in the proper distribution of heat, and this is where you’ll appreciate both the conductivity and beauty of the exterior hammered copper.
Our test proved to us how perfect the combination of the three materials is. The pots and pans heated pretty fast within 2 minutes. And while the set was not that satisfactory on electric ranges, all the cookware pieces showed even heat distribution on gas cooktops. The skillet and saute pan browned steaks and vegetables evenly. On the other hand, the saucepans and stockpot did a pretty good job of simmering sauces at the proper temperature.
Cleaning the interior surface was relatively easy for us. The surfaces of the pans and pots are relatively smooth. We removed bits of food remains and sauces on them even with just running water and brush. However, as you would expect for its exterior, the copper will change color over time. Thankfully, a reliable copper cleaner and a nylon scrubbing pad are enough remedies for this. That said, while it is true that this Lagostina Martellata hammered stainless steel cookware set is charming out of the box, keeping it pristine after each use would mean some extra work.
Lagostina Martellata Hammered Stainless Steel Cookware Set FAQs:
What is the temperature limit of the Lagostina Martellata set in the oven?
- The Lagostina Martellata can handle up to 500°F of heat in the oven.
Is the Lagostina Martellata set dishwasher safe?
- It is suggested to just hand wash the cookware pieces to prolong their product life.
Are the Lagostina Martellata cookware pieces nonstick?
- The Lagostina Martellata is a stainless steel cookware set. Nonetheless, with proper use and heat, the cookware can release the food quickly.