Sizes: 8”, 9.5”, 10”, 11”, and 12”
Induction Compatible: Yes
Body Material: Cast Aluminum
Dishwasher Safe: No
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- It’s available in six different sizes.
- The 10” and 12” sizes are available with or without lids.
- The nonstick coat is PFOA-, lead-, and cadmium-free.
- The die-cast body has considerable heft to it and feels solid.
- It is compatible with all types of cooking apparatuses.
- Cleaning the surface is easy due to its nonstick coating.
CAROTE Granite TJ8128 might look just as simple as other skillets in the market; however, there are lots of reasons it is the best among the pile of other models we tested. Besides its fame among Amazon consumers due to its high rating, our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team figured why it is the best skillet to have: practicality, build, and affordability. These points make it familiar and a true favorite by many.
CAROTE Granite TJ8128 comes in different sizes, giving you the freedom to choose the one that will fit your stove or cooktop. The available diameter sizes of the skillet are 8”, 9.5”, 10”, 11”, and 12”. On the other hand, all skillets offer a 2.17-inch depth. Its form secures any food in the skillet, including oil and juice as you cook. The skillet is also relatively thick (which adds extra heft), but it feels comfortable in hand. Our reviewers also mentioned how balanced the skillet was on any cooktop during the test.
Moreover, we loved the decently short Bakelite handle of the model as we were able to place multiple units on a single cooktop without feeling overcrowded. The handle can still provide excellent control despite its length as you transport it from the kitchen counter to the table. It also didn’t heat up throughout our entire test, making it truly comfortable to use.
The reviewers also praised that it comes with a granite nonstick coating, making it ready out of the box. The skillet performed beyond our expectations, from grilling meat to sauteing vegetables and braising beef without a single fuss. Its performance aced our test by effectively distributing the heat across the surface. We were able to sear two steaks without encountering hot spots. Also, the slices of meat were perfectly browned at the same degree from end to end. The best part about that was how easy it was to flip the steaks without the meat sticking to the surface.
CAROTE Granite TJ8128 FAQs:
Is the CAROTE Granite TJ8128 induction compatible?
- Yes, it is. The CAROTE Granite TJ8128 has an optimized base to ensure the unit’s efficiency for induction cooktops.
What is the material of CAROTE Granite TJ8128’s handle?
- The handle of CAROTE Granite TJ8128 is a plastic material called Bakelite that is heat resistant and safe.
Do all the sizes of the CAROTE Granite TJ8128 come with lids?
- No. The lids are only available for the 10” and 12” skillets.
Is the CAROTE Granite TJ8128 oven-safe?
- The CAROTE Granite TJ8128 is not oven-safe.