Dimensions: 13” x 11.4” x 2.5”
Weight: 6.5 pounds
Wattage: 1800 watts
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The controls offer ten levels both for the Temperature and Heating Modes.
- The fan is not that loud and effectively prevents overheating of the unit.
- It has a 5-foot long power cord.
- It can accept various sizes of induction-compatible cookware (4 1/4” to 8” or more in diameter).
- Cleaning the surface is easy due to its smooth glass material.
As much as possible, we all prefer gas cooktops due to the superb control they can offer over the temperature in the cooking process. However, if you live in an RV or in a place where setting up a gas cooktop is a challenge, you might want to find better alternatives. Our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team recommends the Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3, the best induction stove of 2021.
Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3 is a compact induction stove measuring 13” x 11.4” x 2.5”. It only weighs 6.5 pounds, making it an ideal tool during an indoor family gathering. Our experts also love the sleek black surface that gives it that elegant look. Its control panel looks neat at the bottom section of the cooking surface, and it features well-labeled buttons and a bright digital display for your input.
You have the option to set the induction stove either in Temperature Mode (140°F to 460°F) or in Heating Mode (200 to 1800 watts). You will also enjoy your safety control over its activity due to its built-in count-down digital timer that you can set up to 170 minutes. Apart from that, this 2021 best induction stove has other safety features, including the auto-pan detection that will shut down the system when there is no cookware placed on it within 60 seconds. The diagnostic error message system will also signal when you are using non-induction cookware or when the pan is not aligned appropriately on the cooking surface. Lastly, a 7-blade fan at the bottom of the unit rapidly dissipates the heat out of it. We noticed that it is rather audible, but we appreciate its work to prevent the overheating of the unit.
Besides these features, its performance is also a testament to why it is the best induction stove in the market right now. It can heat various sizes of induction-compatible cookware within minutes, and its system is very responsive to your input. In the test our reviewers conducted, it did a great job at searing steaks within 15 minutes. In just a short period, it delivered the perfect doneness we were aiming for without any fuss.
Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3 FAQs:
Could a cast-iron pan scratch the surface of Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3?
- A cast-iron pan could scratch its glass surface, but you can prevent it with proper handling of the cookware.
How fast will it boil water?
- It depends on the amount of water you are boiling and the size of the cookware you are using. Nonetheless, it can do it as fast as 4 minutes.
How big is the diameter of the circular cooking surface?
- The circular cooking surface of the Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3 measures 8 inches in diameter.
Can you use oversized cookware to Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3?
- Yes. Nonetheless, using cookware with a diameter bigger than the circular cooking surface of the unit will not give you the best results.