Dimensions: 16” x 10.5” x .75”
Weight: 5.19 pounds
Type: Cast Iron
Induction Compatible: Yes
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- It comes with a removable silicone handle cover which removes the need for an oven mitt.
- The 5.5 handle makes it compact and easy to transport from cooktop to table.
- Very versatile and can also function as a crepe maker and a shallow frying pan.
- It is the best griddle pan that can offer a sturdy build due to its cast-iron body.
- The foods get released quickly.
- Has uniform heating across the surface.
- The pan works with induction stoves.
You can cook eggs, bacon, and pancakes on frying pans and other cookware, but having them on griddle pans can make everything better and easier. If you need one or just looking for a better replacement for your old unit, our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team knows what to suggest. After testing 21 models from the leading brands, here is the best griddle pan of 2021: Cuisinel 10.5″ Cast Iron Griddle Pan.
This griddle pan from Cuisinel measures 11″ x 11″ with a depth of 0.75 inches. Its generous space will let you cook multiple eggs and bacon at once, while the proper height of the wall will prevent oil spills from meat. Its shape also gives it the versatility to work even for crepes, pancakes, tortillas, and roti.
The griddle pan comes pre-seasoned, but you will enjoy it more by applying another layer of oil on its surface before use. While this means additional work for its maintenance, our experts expressed how good its non-stick performance was in our test. By heating the pan for up to 5 minutes, we cooked eggs without experiencing stickiness as we removed them. The reviewers also mentioned how consistent its heat distribution was across its surface. We also tried searing multiple steaks and fillets simultaneously, and we got uniform results in each cut. Even for pancakes, it is the best griddle pan. Apart from the effortless release of food items, the low wall will let you use a spatula to flip food items at low angles.
Its versatility doesn’t stop there. It can work with all cooking surfaces: gas, grill, electric, and induction stoves. The griddle pan can also bear high temperatures, which makes it oven-safe. Further, its material makes it one of the toughest griddle pans you’ll ever get in the market. It can take daily abuse, and it can last decades with proper care.
On the other hand, its cleanup is just as easy as its use. You can clean it by rinsing it with water with or without mild soap. To dry it, you can use a clean piece of cloth or do the suggested heating of the pan using medium heat on the cooktops. After this, a thin layer of oil will ensure it won’t rust and will always be ready anytime you need it.
Cuisinel Cast Iron Griddle Pan FAQs:
Is it dishwasher-safe?
- It is not ideal for dishwasher cleaning. Just wash it with water using mild soap or without anything. Then dry it promptly and apply some oil.
Can I air dry the cast iron griddle pan?
- It is not suggested to air dry this cast-iron cooking pan as it can result in rusting. Dry it right away by heating it on the stove, then apply some oil all over it.
How big is the actual cooking surface of this Cuisinel griddle pan?
- The opening of the pan is 10.5″ while the cooking surface is 9.5″.
How often should I season the Cuisinel griddle pan?
- Season the griddle pan before use and after cleaning and drying it.