Model Number: 38400
Wattage: 1000 watts
Size: 13 inches
Dimensions: 15.35” x 14.72” x 5.35”
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- There is a cord wrap at the bottom of the unit for easy storage after use.
- It has an indicator light that alerts you when the griddle is ready.
- The package comes with a measuring cup, spreader, and spatula.
- It can also double as a griddle for bacon and eggs.
- Electric and offers eight heat settings.
- No hotspots and offers consistent heating across the surface of the griddle.
We all love fluffy waffles in the morning, but nothing can still replace crepes. You can do it in any griddle you have at home, but achieving a paper-thin crepe can be tricky without the right tools. With this, we give you the best crepe maker of 2021 recommended by our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team. Here is Proctor Silex 38400.
If you want to make things extra easy and instant, you will undoubtedly love this Proctor Silex 38400 model. No need to fire up your cooktop to start making crepes. All you need is a small space on your kitchen counter. Right after plugging its cord into an outlet, this electric crepe maker will heat up right away and will be ready in minutes.
This 2021 best crepe maker features eight settings that can be accessed using a sliding lever in front of its base. The beauty about it is that it will let you easily choose the right brownness for your crepe. Our reviewers applauded how different the temperature was in each level during our test, and we particularly loved #4 and #5 settings which consistently gave us perfect golden brown doneness in crepes.
Moreover, its heat distribution was one of a kind for us. The crepes we produced came out evenly browned, and we noticed no hotspots across the 13-inch surface of the griddle. The heat was also pretty consistent throughout the test. We even managed to use it for eggs and bacon (though we had to deal with oil splashes).
Spreading the batter was also effortless for us, thanks to the included spreader and spatula. An included batter cup will also give you the correct measurement to achieve that paper-thin crepe each time. Even better, the griddle itself is nonstick, so you will never encounter problems removing crepes. No sticky moments and tearing crepes!
The nonstick surface also makes it possible to clean the cooking surface without much effort. Just a wipe of clean fabric or paper towel is enough to keep it clean. Also, the included accessories are dishwasher-safe, which means less work for you.
Proctor Silex 38400 FAQs:
Is the top griddle surface of Proctor Silex 38400 removable?
- No, it is not removable, but you can clean it easily with just a wipe of a paper towel.
How do you clean the Proctor Silex 38400?
- Just wipe the nonstick surface of the griddle to clean it up. On the other hand, you can wash the accessories by hand or by using the dishwasher.
What is the diameter of the griddle?
- The diameter of the griddle measures 13 inches.
Will the batter overflow and flow down from the griddle?
- The griddle has an elevated rim which helps to contain the batter within the cooking surface. Just make sure to put the amount of batter using the measuring cup included.