Type: Traditional Nonstick
Ply Layers: 5
Dishwasher Safe: No
Induction Compatible: Yes
Items: 1.5-quart and 3-quart covered saucepans, 3-quart covered sauté pan, 8-quart covered stockpot, 8.5-inch skillet, and 12-inch covered skillet
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The sauté pan has a helper handle.
- The nonstick coat is PFOA-free.
- It features a hard-anodized construction with a five-layer base!
- The stainless steel lids fit nicely to the cookware and have oversized handles.
- The handles are comfortable in hand and do not heat up much.
- All the pieces are oven safe up to 500°F.
- The handles have flush rivets, allowing easy cleanup.
The Anolon Nouvelle Copper is one of the closest rivals of the T-fal Ultimate that we hailed as the best traditional nonstick cookware set of 2021. As a matter of fact, if you are all about the performance and do not care about the number of pieces you’d get in a set, Anolon Nouvelle Copper is a good option. It only comes with a 3-quart covered sauté pan, 8-quart covered stockpot, 8.5-inch skillet, 12-inch covered skillet, and 1.5-quart and 3-quart covered saucepans. Yet, it can deliver unbeatable performance.
This is possible with the five-ply base of the entire cookware set, which features an entire copper plate sandwiched between two layers of aluminum. On the other hand, the exterior has an induction-capable stainless steel encapsulator that allows the cookware to work on all cooktops, even induction.
With the collective properties of the materials used for each layer of the base, the Anolon Nouvelle Copper is indeed one of the best nonstick cookware sets we tested. It performed just as well as the T-fal Ultimate: no hot spots. It also worked incredibly well with all kinds of cooktops we tried, from gas to electric to induction! Wherever we placed the cookware, it seared steaks and consistently simmered sauces without burning them! Truly flawless.
We also love how thick its PFOA-free DuPont Autograph 2 nonstick coat is. We tested each pot and pan using metal utensils, and after a series of simple cooking processes, the surfaces of the pieces still looked brand-new. During our actual cooking tests, it also didn’t disappoint our reviewers (not even a bit!). Everything we cooked smoothly slid out just by tilting the cookware. Even with sauces, we almost didn’t use any spatula for scraping.
Lastly, it scored adequately high in the cleanup process. It is not a dishwasher-safe set, but its nonstick surface helps remove any food residue with just water, a clean cloth, or a paper towel. Plus, the rivets are flat! With this, you don’t need extra effort cleaning them, especially when dried sauces are on them. With just a wipe, you can clean everything.
Lastly, it impressed us in terms of stain resistance. After being used on gas cooktops and searing numerous slices of meat, the external and internal surfaces didn’t show any sign of staining!
Anolon Nouvelle Copper Cookware Set FAQs:
Are the Anolon Nouvelle Copper pieces dishwasher safe?
- It is not recommended to wash the Anolon Nouvelle Copper cookware set in the dishwasher as it can affect the longevity of the nonstick coat.
Is the Anolon Nouvelle Copper compatible with induction cooktops?
- Yes, it is. The last layer of the base is steel that allows it to work with induction cooktops.
Does the cookware contain PTFE?
- Yes, it does use PTFE. It is PFOA-free, which means it is food-safe.
Do all the pieces come with lids?
- The cookware pieces come with a lid, except the 8.5-inch skillet.