Material: Japanese Steel
Induction Compatible: Yes
Oven Safe: Yes
Dishwasher Safe: Yes
Items: 2-quart and 3.5-quart saucepans with glass lids, 5-quart saute pan with glass lid, 8-quart stockpot with glass lid, and 10-inch frying pan
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The glass lid of the 8-quart stockpot also fits the frying pan.
- The mixture of surface material contains 21% for maximum corrosion resistance.
- The outer encapsulated aluminum plate makes the pieces induction-compatible.
- The lids are oven safe up to 425°F.
- Each piece works well with electric and induction stoves.
- The smooth finish gives it a nonstick capability without using oil.
The Chantal Induction 21 combines beauty and functionality. It is one of the cookware sets that is carefully crafted using a wide variety of materials to achieve perfection. However, does the Chantal Induction 21 make the cut to be considered into your kitchen cookware collection?
The Chantal Induction 21 is a 9-piece cookware set composed of 2-quart and 3.5-quart saucepans with glass lids, 5-quart saute pan with glass lid, 8-quart stockpot with glass lid, and 10-inch frying pan. The pieces have ergonomic handles specifically molded to make your hands comfortable as you hold them. They also don’t heat that much when being used on stoves. The exterior of the pieces is brushed for easy maintenance and overall cleanup, while the lids sport metal rims and classy steel handles. Also, the rims of the cookware bodies are slightly bent to allow dripless pouring.
On the other hand, what ultimately drove us to test it is the promising materials used to produce the cookware. Besides the bottom aluminum layer encapsulated in a magnetic plate, it sports a unique cooking interior made of nickel-free Japanese steel. It is a mixture of melted chromium for corrosion resistance, titanium for durability, and copper for optimum heating performance. Overall, the materials make the Chantal Induction 21 broiler and oven-safe up to 500°F. It also makes it dishwasher-safe and stain-resistant, regardless of the type of cooktop you would be using.
With the composition of the material used, anyone would set their expectations high for Chantal Induction 21. Thankfully, it didn’t fail us when we used the frying pan and sautee pan in browning meat and vegetables. The food didn’t stick on the cooking surface with the right heat level. The said cookware pieces performed well on induction and electric cooktops by evenly distributing heat. However, it was surprising that it didn’t do that well on gas cooktops after repetitive tests. The saucepans and stockpot also showed minimal scorching when tested for sauces.
Chantal Induction 21 FAQs:
Is the cooking surface of the Chantal Induction 21 aluminum?
- The aluminum is at the exterior surface of the cookware and is encapsulated in a magnetic plate. The cooking surface is stainless steel.
Is the Chantal Induction 21 induction-compatible?
- Yes, the Chantal Induction 21 works with induction stoves and cooktops.
How big is the cooking surface of the saute pan?
- The cooking surface of the 5-quart sauté pan measures 10 inches in diameter.
Is the Chantal Induction 21 set single-ply?
- Yes, the pieces included have all single-ply stainless bodies with encapsulated aluminum bottoms.