Model Number: G917SE64
Cooking Surface: Ceramic
Induction Compatible: No
Dishwasher Safe: Yes
Items Included: 7.5” fry pan, 11” fry pan with lid, 1-quart and 2-quart saucepans with lids, 5-quart Dutch oven with lid, an Egg Wonder, and four nylon tools
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- Every cookware piece has T-fal’s famous Thermo-Spot mark.
- The package comes with four nylon tools.
- The ceramic cooking surface has better tolerance to scratches from metal utensils.
- The set has a black exterior for the clean-looking appearance of each cookware.
- It sports a heavy-gauge aluminum construction.
- The entire collection is free from PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium.
Ceramic cookware is getting more and more attention in the market, and T-fal has its take for that: the Initiative ceramic cookware line. It boasts the noteworthy features of T-fal and the dazzling performance of ceramic cooking surfaces.
The T-fal G917SE64 Initiatives ceramic cookware set comes with a 7.5” fry pan, 11” fry pan with lid, 1-quart and 2-quart saucepans with lids, 5-quart Dutch oven with lid, an Egg Wonder, and four nylon tools. All the cookware pieces also have thick plastic handles to allow a solid grip as you hold them. The material prevents the transfer of heat.
The G917SE64 Initiatives set can handle up to 570°F of heat on cooktops and 350°F in the oven. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with induction stoves, which affects its versatility as the best ceramic cookware set. Nonetheless, the nonstick ability of the cooking surface performed well in our test. We managed to sear steaks on the frying pans, and the Egg Wonder quickly released the eggs we fried without problems. As for simmering, however, our reviewers noticed that the Dutch oven and saucepans slightly scorched the sauces.
On a positive note, cleaning the cookware is genuinely marvelous. Everything is dishwasher-safe, but cleaning the pieces by hand is also effortless. We successfully removed the oil from the steak we seared with just a single pass of clean cloth.
Even for the scorched sauces, we were able to wipe them clean right away. We also didn’t see any scratches after a series of rigid cooking activities, including using a metal spoon and spatula.
T-fal Initiatives Ceramic Cookware Review FAQs:
Is the T-fal Initiatives ceramic cookware set induction-compatible?
- No, the T-fal G917SE64 Initiatives ceramic cookware set does not work with induction cooktops.
Are the T-fal Initiatives ceramic cookware pieces oven-safe?
- Yes, they can handle up to 350°F heat in the oven.
Is the T-fal Initiatives ceramic cookware set safe to use with metal utensils?
- Yes. However, sticking to silicone and wooden utensils is better to help the ceramic surface last for years.
Are the T-fal Initiatives ceramic cookware pieces safe?
- Yes, the materials used for the T-fal G917SE64 Initiatives ceramic cookware set are PTFE-, PFOA- and cadmium-free.