Wattage: 820 watts
Size: 10 cups
Capacity: 1.8 liters
Dimensions: 11.12” x 15” x 9.87”
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- Also available in the 5-1/2-cup model.
- The black cooking pan is relatively thick which feels solid and sturdy.
- Has extended keep warm and reheating cycle.
- The exterior is made of stainless steel material which allows you to wipe it clean easily.
- Has a 39.37” built-in retractable power cord.
- Best rice cooker that can cook different kinds of rice such as white, brown, black, and more.
Rice can be a good addition to your everyday diet. Cooking it is truly simple that with just a stove and a decent casserole, you can enjoy it on your plate in no time. However, while it is possible to manually cook it, it would be a series of trial and error for those who are not familiar with it. Fortunately, there are rice cookers to aid you in such a task. If you are in search of one, our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team just knows what to suggest after testing 9 models from the leading brands. Here is Zojirushi NS-TSC18, the best rice cooker in the market right now.
Instant Pots offers a mode for cooking rice but nothing can beat the work of Zojirushi NS-TSC18 in this job. Not only can it cook regular white rice grains but it can also cook to perfection brown rice grains.
Zojirushi NS-TSC18 has a total of 8 modes to serve your specific needs. You can choose from White/Sushi, Mixed, Porridge, Sweet, Brown, Cake, Steam, and Quick Cooking. The brand claims that each mode is programmed to adjust the temperatures and cooking and pre-soaking times according to the rice you are using. What’s surprising is that they all seemed to work in our test.
Our reviewers noted that it managed to cook white and brown rice with the right moisture and softness at the end of each process. By following the suggested 1:1 cup amount of water and raw rice, we were able to get flawless results each time. We also tried using it for black and glutinous rice under the standard White/Sushi and Porridge respectively, and the results were amazing! The fact that the cooking pan has measurement marks also helped us to easily determine the right amount of water to put. The package also comes with a measuring cup which can make things easier for anyone. And after the cooking time, Zojirushi NS-TSC18 will automatically turn into Keep Warm mode so you can be sure to have warm rice anytime.
We also enjoyed the effortless scraping (we suggest using a silicone spatula) of rice in its non-stick cooking pan. Even with the rice still hot, the grains didn’t stick on its surface. On the other hand, we noticed that its 1-hour cooking time is a bit longer compared to its rivals. But for its performance, it is a small gripe. After all, you have the option for the 40-minute Quick Cooking mode and the 2 delay time settings.
Further, its versatility added to its value as the best rice cooker of 2021. Besides rice, it can also be used for baking cakes and steaming a wide variety of food items from seafood to vegetables. It also comes with a steaming basket for such a purpose.
The details of its design are tailored for the convenience of the users. Its buttons are easy to push and there is a large display showing you the modes and the timer. There are also interchangeable audible signals (melody and beep signal) to alert you once the rice is cooked. As for its cleanup, it is utterly one of the best. The rice from the non-stick cooking pan can be easily removed and the inner lid is removable. Most of all, both are dishwasher-safe!
Zojirushi NS-TSC18 FAQs:
Does the timer show the remaining time of the cooking process?
- Yes, the timer of the Zojirushi NS-TSC18 rice cooker shows the remaining time on its screen display. Once done, there is an audible alert that will inform you that the rice is ready.
Will the Zojirushi NS-TSC18 rice cooker work for 1 cup of rice?
- Yes, the weight of 1 cup of rice (plus 1 cup of water) will be enough to trigger the mechanism of the Zojirushi NS-TSC18 rice cooker.
Can I use Zojirushi NS-TSC18 for slow-cooking other food items?
- No, the Zojirushi NS-TSC18 is only meant for slow-cooking foods.
What is the cooking pot made of?
- The cooking pot of the Zojirushi NS-TSC18 rice cooker is made of aluminum with a non-stick coating.