Just about everybody wishes SolidWorks could do this or that or complains that it doesn’t do something really cool. I could throw down a list of things I don’t like, but that’s just makes the selection of fresh organic produce seem even worse than it actually is. Which is actually better than the selection of ripe avocados.
This is a list that started out as complaints actually, but I looked at it, looked at again, watched some movie trailers, ate an organic cookie and decided to write the following list instead.
Maybe it’s more of a, “what if?”, but it got me thinking about a lot of things. What do you think?
- SolidWorks could be web-based.
- we could update hardware as often as software.
- the model could be the drawing.
- data management could be web-based, graphical and simple.
- others using SolidWorks could provide comments on my model in real-time.
- we could browse model history instead of clicking and dragging though it.
- we could develop a model in it’s environment.
- we could use more than a single button to sketch geometry.
- SolidWorks had a relationship with a certain coffee shop so we could get a discount.
- I could create a feed for my project I can track anywhere.
What do you think SolidWorks could be?