The giveaway is now closed. The winner will be announce Monday July 28th! Thanks for entering and be on the lookout for more contest coming up soon!
This is the 500th post here at SolidSmack and what better way to celebrate than giving away an expensive piece of software that will make you so productive you will probably start shaking and fall to your knees… in a happy, unpainful way.
I’ve been using Acrobat 8.0 with all the 3D features added to that version. I’ve been thoroughly impressed. It’s simply provided one of the best collaboration experiences I’ve had with clients and vendors.
After looking inside the new version of Acrobat and Acrobat.com I knew I had to provide an opportunity for you to get a copy of your own. So let the fun begin. The giveaway is super easy to enter. Here’s what’s included and how to win your copy of Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro Extended.
Acrobat 9 Pro Extended includes:
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES
- Adobe Presenter
- Adobe 3D Reviewer
- Adobe 3D Capture Utility for UNIX®
This is the top of the line version that includes all the Adobe Acrobat software ever devised by the Acrobat team plus all the great 3D capabilities.
Value: $699.00 US
The overview on the Adobe Acrobat site is stupendous, so be sure to check out all the new features in Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro Extended. Here’s the quick run-down of the new things you’ll see including some amazing new capabilities for 3D data.
Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Extended NEW features
Seriously? Video in a PDF? Yes. Maps in a PDF? Yes. All of your project files consolidated into on single, customized PDF Portfolio? Heck YEAH.
- Create interactive, on-demand presentations
- Easily insert and share video in PDF
- Create PDF maps
- Work with Acrobat.com
- Unify documents, drawings, media and 3D into a PDF Portfolio
- Use professionally designed templates
- secure PDF documents with 256-bit encryption
- Easily review video
- Track, modify and end reviews
- Synchronize document views
- Easily create and manage electronic forms
- Compare PDF documents
- Verify compliance with PDF standards
New feature for 3D data
The 3D capabilities are available ONLY in the Extended Version. You can see the version comparison here.
- Convert virtually any CAD file to a PDF document using templates
- Combine heterogeneous CAD data in one assembly
- Measure and cross-section on precise geometry
- Perform physical properties calculations
- Repurpose CAD design data to publish richer technical documentation
- Generate mold parting lines and analyze draft angles quickly
Here’s how to win
In order to win, simply enter a comment in this post! In your comment, please tell me your how you would use video in a PDF. For two extra entries, subscribe to SolidSmack feed by either RSS or by email, and email me the secret code you see at the bottom of all the posts (see note below if you want further explanation). You don’t have to be a new subscriber to get a second entry – just email me the code! To get a third entry, post about this giveaway on your blog, and let me know about it.
That’s it! This is open to anyone since I’ll ship it worldwide. You don’t need a blog to enter, but make sure you provide a valid email address with your entry. Go for it!
This contest will be open until Friday, July 25 at midnight Central Standard Time.
Note: Here’s an explanation about the whole “secret code” thing, for future reference: If you’re a subscriber, you’ll most likely read SolidSmack from your RSS reader, or straight from your e-mail inbox (depending on how you subscribed). At the very bottom of each post, there will be a footer with some additional information privy only to subscribers. For example, right now there a copyright notice, links and – the giveaway code. In your reader, it should look something like this: !!!!SecretCode!!!! – _______