Wattage: 800 watts
Weight: 42.4 pounds
Dimensions: 19.88” x 20.47” x 33.26”
Power Source: Corded (5 feet)
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- Offers capacious space for foods using 4 adjustable racks; each rack measures 19.7” x 12.2”.
- Also available in a 40” model.
- Excellent sealing of smoke due to the absence of window and addition of latch and gasket.
- Features a digital control panel for easy control of temp and timer.
- Adding woodchips is easy, thanks to its side-loading system.
- The best electric smoker that is affordable.
Smoking meat is a slow-cooking process where the smoker cooks the meat at low temperatures for extended periods. And while charcoal smokers are the ideal choice, frequently checking on it can be a demanding job. With this, electric smokers can be your best ally in this game. However, you do not choose just anything from the abundance of choices on the market. The perfect unit should be able to hold consistent temperatures and produce a sufficient amount of smoke. A phenomenal sealing system is also important as it will contribute to the ability of the smoker to retain the temperature and moisture inside. The good news? You don’t need to pay for high-end smoker brands to get these qualities. Here’s a more affordable option our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team can suggest: Masterbuilt MES130B, the best electric smoker offering both excellent value and performance.
The price of the Masterbuilt MES130B is just a fraction of the price tag of other models. However, our team can testify how solid its build is. It measures 19.88” x 20.47” x 33.26” and has a fully insulated thick body. The door doesn’t have any window nor glass section which further helps in the temperature retention.
Further, the door locks using a latch and has a gasket that assures smoke can only escape through its air damper. You can access it easily as it is conveniently placed next to the control panel at the top of the unit.
Masterbuilt MES130B is also the best electric smoker in terms of ease of use due to its set of intuitive digital controls. Here, you can set the timer and the temperature that can go up to 275°F.
And just like these controls, adding woodchips is effortless due to the side-loading system of the unit. By turning and pulling the loader, you can add woodchips without opening the door itself! With this, you can prevent the smoke and temperature from escaping each time you need to add woodchips.
On the other hand, though the Masterbuilt MES130B is also available in a 40” model, this 30” is already spacious enough for a huge batch of meat. The 4 chrome-coated racks have adjustable heights, in case you need to smoke a whole turkey inside. All in all, with a body that is almost the same size as most mini-fridges, it really can handle a substantial amount of meat in each batch.
Under the racks is a bowl where you can add water for moisture. It is also relatively large, so there is no need to worry that it would get empty if you are going to smoke meat for more than 5 hours. At the very bottom of the smoking chamber is a removable drip pan and the back is an extra rear grease tray for the excess drippings.
Masterbuilt MES130B FAQs:
How often do you add woodchips to the Masterbuilt MES130B electric smoker?
- The recommended ½ cup of woodchips can last for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Does the Masterbuilt MES130B electric smoker have a pan to add water while smoking?
- Yes, it does. The package of Masterbuilt MES130B electric smoker comes with a huge water pan where you can pour a substantial amount of water that would be enough for hours of smoking.
What is the temperature range of the Masterbuilt MES130B electric smoker?
- The Masterbuilt MES130B electric smoker can be set from 100°F to 275°F.
How much space is there between the racks of the Masterbuilt MES130B electric smoker?
- The space between the racks is approximately 6 inches. If you need more space, you can adjust the racks of the Masterbuilt MES130B electric smoker.