Dimensions: 15.3” x 10.8” x 4”
Weight: 13 pounds
Material: Cast Iron
Capacity: 3 quarts
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The cast-iron body and cover are thick and durable.
- Offers uniform heating across the surface
- It comes pre-seasoned, and the nonstick ability of the skillet is one of the best.
- The cover can serve as a shallow frying pan; the entire cookware doubles as a Dutch oven.
- It can work with all kinds of cooktops.
- Low maintenance and offers simple cleanup.
We often consider skillets and frying pans just as a single type of cookware. Nonetheless, they differ in one particular aspect: depth. Skillet is usually deeper, while frying pans are shallower. A frying pan can be excellent for shallow frying, but a skillet can do more due to its depth: it can fry, sear, stir fry, sauté, simmer, braise, bake, and roast. If you are looking for a skillet but still want the shallow body of a frying pan, our SolidSmack Household Appliance and Tool Research Team knows what to suggest. Here is Lodge Combo Cooker, the best cast iron skillet for versatile cooking.
Lodge Combo Cooker is an amalgamation of a frying pan, a Dutch oven, and of course, a skillet. It is possible due to the brilliant build and design of its body. The 10.25” skillet is cast iron that comes with a cover that can double as a shallow frying pan. When put on top of the skillet, it’ll serve as an adequate cover for the skillet when braising thick cuts of meat. The spacious 3.2-quart cookware creates an ideal environment for baking bread with a soft interior and browned crust.
Lodge Combo Cooker comes pre-seasoned, making it ready to use upon purchase. And while this cast-iron cookware requires daily seasoning before and after use, you’ll be able to enjoy its natural nonstick feature. Our reviewers personally love using the cover for searing steaks and salmon. We flipped the slices without trouble, and there was proper heat across the cooking surface of both the upper and lower components of the cookware. Even when we tried cooking two slices of meat simultaneously, both came out perfectly seared at the same degree.
Besides its versatility in handling all kinds of cooking methods, this 2021 best cast iron skillet can work on all cooking surfaces. Thanks to its durable material, you can use it in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, or over the campfire. After use, it can still be as divine as the first time you pulled it out of the box. Just wash it with or without mild soap, dry it promptly with a lint-free cloth or paper towel, apply a thin layer of vegetable oil, and you can expect it will last decades of use.
Lodge Combo Cooker FAQs:
How do you keep the Lodge Combo Cooker clean?
- Cleaning the Lodge Combo Cooker is easy. You can wash it with or without mild soap or wipe it clean using a clean paper towel. If you want to wet it with water, make sure to dry it right away using a piece of cloth or paper towel. After that, apply a thin layer of vegetable oil and hang it to dry.
Will a whole chicken fit in the Lodge Combo Cooker?
- Yes, small poultry can fit in the Lodge Combo Cooker.
What is the depth of the Lodge Combo Cooker?
- Without the cover, the depth of the Lodge Combo Cooker skillet measures 3 inches.
Can you put Lodge Combo Cooker in ovens?
- Yes, the Lodge Combo Cooker is durable enough to handle up to 800°F of heat inside the oven before the seasoning burns.