The future of making things—that’s what Autodesk University is all about. As the preeminent conference for designers, engineers, architects, and makers of all stripes, AU is the place to share knowledge, learn about the latest trends and technologies, and build connections.
This year, the future of making things comes into new focus with the Product Innovation Platform. On the first day of AU, the Product Innovation Platform Session will guide participants step-by-step through the complete process of designing and manufacturing a portable speaker.
Over the course of the day you’ll get a chance to:
- design and solder a PCB board using EAGLE software
- design the speaker enclosure in Fusion 360
- output drawings and marketing images
- generate toolpaths, and
- machine the housing and put it all together
All the pieces of the product design puzzle
In the Product Innovation Platform, you’ll learn about electrical engineering, mechanical design, and manufacturing, including CNC machining, 3D printing, and laser cutting. You’ll get to work with the latest generation of desktop manufacturing tools, including CNC milling machines, 3D printers, and laser cutters. And you’ll get a chance to network with an eclectic mix of product designers and engineers, as well as Autodesk development teams and experts.
Whether you’re an engineer or designer, a hobbyist, student, or professional, this program provides a uniquely holistic exploration of every aspect of product development and fabrication, enabling you to see how all the pieces come together.
Learning for a World of Change
After the session wraps up on Tuesday evening, there are still two days of learning left at AU, which runs Nov. 14th-16th.
- Expand your skills with 600+ classes—The learning sessions dive into a range of topics, from software tools you use every day to new and innovative workflows to though leadership about the future of design, architecture, and media. Class formats are diverse, ranging from instructional demos and hands-on labs to industry talks, panels, and roundtables. And classes are offered for beginners and advanced users alike.
- Make connections and network—From large events like the Block Party on Wednesday to smaller social meet-ups like the Lego Architecture Studio Challenge, discover a wealth of opportunities to meet and build relationships with makers like yourself.
- Gain insight from keynotes and other presentations—AU is the place to hear from Autodesk executives and other visionaries about the trends shaping how we work and live. And don’t miss the Theater where you can catch short, dynamic presentations by thought leaders on topics such as cloud computing, generative design, and mixed reality.
- Explore the Exhibit Hall—In addition to classroom learning at AU, the Exhibit Hall lets you explore hundreds of booths, galleries, case studies, and interactive displays.
- Learn online anytime—After the conference wraps up, a significant portion of the sessions become available to watch for free anytime. At AU online, class is always in session.
AU Las Vegas 2017 conference passes are now available and Product Innovation Platform passes are only $600. Register now.
The above is an unpaid post in a media partnership with Autodesk for Autodesk University 2017. SolidSmack and its writers have had no input on the content published above.