There are hundreds of active dating sites, but there is none that can compare to Taimi. Why is that so?
Taimi is a dating platform that serves as a social network and streaming service and is exclusive to the LGBTQ+ community. While Trans people have tended to have very limited options for dating sites, Taimi offers a welcoming and safe space for them too.
The app offers a non-discriminatory platform where queer people can create meaningful relationships and networks, whether platonic or romantic. This is unlike most dating apps that promote hookup culture and casual flings.
Here are some of the features that make Taimi the golden app that it is.
The platform has both a website and an app, but you can only access its services and features via the app.
The app is available for free on both Apple and Android play stores. You can manage your subscriptions from the app stores. The platform is available in English, Dutch, French, Finnish, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Italian, and Romanian.
Creating an account is fast and easy, and you can opt to sign up using your Facebook, Snapchat, or Google account. Alternatively, you can create an account by providing your email, username, location, and birthday and then selecting a password. This option is great for individuals who want to maintain their privacy.
Match suggestions are based on the compatibility of the profiles, and the chat function allows you to make contact with people you’re interested in.
You cannot directly contact profiles you haven’t matched with yet. Instead, you must first send them a chat request. The message function is free for all users.
Chat request is a premium feature that allows you to connect with people you haven’t matched with yet.
Unlike most mainstream dating platforms, profiles on Taimi are well-detailed and have pictures. However, most people only fill out basic information at sign-up and don’t tend to fill it out later.
Profile pictures are visible to everyone, and you can get more information about an individual by tapping on them.
Profile layouts are chic and modern, so you can see a person’s picture and basic information at a glance.
While Taimi offers free functionality, you can improve your overall experience by upgrading to a premium subscription, the Taimi XL. Premiums are split into Bronze, Silver, and Gold packages.
With these packages, users can enjoy perks such as;
- Unlimited messaging features
- Your profile gets a visibility boost
- See who visited or liked your profile
- Increased profile control
- Spot search and nearby search features that allow you to seek matches in any location and within a narrower radius
- Access to extended filters
- You can request to access private photos
- Activate incognito mode while online. This feature allows you to remain visible to profiles you have matched with or liked before.
- Depending on your subscription, you get a certain number of Rollbacks, Rainbow Likes, Actions, and Likes you can use daily.
The base price for a Bronze subscription is $4.99, $6.99 for a Silver package, and $9.99 for the Gold plan. In addition, Taimi offers its users a chance to purchase a lifetime Gold membership. You can buy premium plans on a weekly, monthly, or yearly subscription.
If you are wary about making a financial commitment, you can go here for a free trial and see how you like it. The free trial gives you a free trial to the Bronze package for a limited period.
If you don’t cancel before your trial ends, it will automatically charge your account as a regular subscription.
Taimi offers numerous features that ensure you get the most out of your online experience.
Here are some of the features you ought to try;
This feature allows you to retrieve past match suggestions you had unliked. This premium feature allows you to give your match suggestions a second chance.
Suppose you want to increase the buzz on your profile and increase the chances of making a match. In that case, you can opt to boost your profile visibility for a limited period. You have to upgrade to a Silver or Gold subscription in order to access this feature.
3. Chat Requests
If you see a profile you’d like to connect with but haven’t matched with yet, send them a chat request! While sending messages is free for all, you cannot text an individual you haven’t matched with yet.
4. Incognito Mode
If you are the kind that prefers their privacy, this feature is for you. You can opt to use the platform incognito, so no one can tell when you are online or visit their profiles.
Alternatively, you can configure your settings to be visible to select people, such as those you’ve matched with. This is also a premium feature.
5. Taimi Cards
Suppose you’re trying to spice up your profile without the clichés associated with dating profiles. In that case, you can choose to use Taimi Cards.
There are three types of these cards. Media cards allow you to add your favorite pictures, while text cards allow you to share your thoughts or favorite quotes.
With prompt cards, you can answer questions about what you’re looking for or get personal and answer questions about yourself.
6. Spot Search
This Silver and Gold premium feature allows users to see, like, and match with individuals in different locations from yours.
7. Rainbow Likes
This is a premium feature that makes your Like stand out, thus increasing your chances of getting a match.
Safety Guidelines and Community Rules
As the largest queer platform on the internet, Taimi strives to offer a safe space for its users. But with over 11 million active users, how does the platform maintain a free environment for self-expression?
There are a set of guidelines put in place to avoid disruptive and abusive behavior on the platform, and they apply to all account holders on the app.
- Users are not allowed to publicly share confidential and sensitive information about them or others. It is strictly prohibited to expose someone’s private information or threaten to do so for any reason.
- Taimi services and features are only available to users over the age of 18. The site reserves the right to request age verification.
- Taimi has a zero-tolerance toward any content that glorifies or promotes sexual exploitation of minors. In addition, users cannot upload pictures of unaccompanied minors on the app.
- Users are strictly prohibited from expressing a wish to inflict physical harm, sexual assault, or death on other users.
- Conduct aimed at intimidating, harassing, degrading, or shaming users or a group of people is strictly prohibited. In addition, users are not allowed to incite targeted defamation or harassment.
- All behavior that promotes or perpetuates harmful generalizations or stereotypes is strictly prohibited on the app. In addition, Taimi does not allow discrimination or violence towards people based on their race, ethnicity, nationality, religious beliefs, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Unlike most dating apps, Taimi does not tolerate the public distribution of suggestive or explicit content. This includes the depictions of nudity, promoting pornographic material, or overly provocative activities and requests.
Undoubtedly, Taimi understands its audience, and it has proved it can walk the talk. The app is stylish and easy to navigate and offers unique and exclusive to the queer community. In addition, the services are pretty affordable for everyone.