We’re in the process of putting in new outdoor electrical run and improving some existing electrical. To have a check of wiring we had an electrician out. His go to (and only) tool used the whole time here was a single non-contact voltage tester. He described it as a tool he uses every day, worth the cost, and the absolute best one available.
What I like most about it is that it doesn’t require contact. I have a few other voltage testers, all with prongs or clips and while I highly recommend a good Volt-Ohm Meter, it’s great not having to remove panels or wire, or stick metal prongs in an outlet (I recall a parent saying that was a bad idea). Oh, and if you’re interested, there’s also a hard carry case available just for this tool that includes a pocket to carry an extra set of AAA batteries.
Klein Tools Non-Contact Voltage Tester Features:
- Provides non-contact determination of AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, switches, outlets, and wires, as well as AC voltage in security, entertainment, communications, and more.
- Detects AC voltage from 12 to 1000V with visual and audible indicators
- IR thermometer with user-selectable °F / °C from -20 to 482°F (-30 to 250°C)
- Convenient laser pointer also helps target 4:1 distance to spot ratio for IR temperature
- Backlit LCD display with 0.1-degree resolution
- Auto power-off conserves and extends battery life
- Screw-thread battery cap with O-ring ensures dust and water resistance
- Uses (2) AAA batteries (included)
Have a cool tool you love and think should be featured? Contact us here to share it with us.
This post features affiliate links that help support SolidSmack through a small commission earned from the sale! Thank you for your help in moving away from banner ads by delivering better content!