I know you have dreams. Not the one where you’re falling and wake up floating, then realize you’re just falling the wrong way and then you wake up. Not that one.
The dream I speak of is the one where you go to New York City, set up a giant platform at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and showcase a single furniture piece… rotating… in a spotlight… and free popcorn. Shapeways could make that dream come true. For the first time, they are holding a design contest to get your design in front of the thousands at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF). Here’s how to make it happen.
- Create a contemporary designs using 3D printing for the part, or the entirety of the design
- Upload your model to Shapeways with the tag “ICFF11” before the 17th of April 2011
- Your entry must cost under $400 to 3D print excluding mark-up and VAT
- Upload a full color render as preview
- The primary product categories are:
- Kitchen and Bath
- Wall Coverings
- Carpet and Flooring
- Outdoor Furniture
As always with Shapeways, the winner retains all rights to their I.P. and even though the contest doesn’t include an all expense paid trip to ICFF, you’ll get your idea in front of quite a few people. If you enter anything, let us know in the comments so we can have a look! …if ya don’t mind. Good luck!!