SD cards are excellent options for storing crucial data. They’re commonly used in cameras and phones. Therefore, they usually contain valuable files. However, they’re quite fragile and can easily be damaged or corrupt. When a card gets damaged or corrupt, you can lose a lot of files. In this article, we will focus on sd card recovery. You can follow the guide to recover your files effectively.
Part 1: Best SD Card Recovery Software
When you lose important files on your SD card, you might look for the best SD card recovery software to help you retrieve your files. While many options exist, they’re not as effective as Wondershare Recoverit. This professional data recovery software will help users recover data from an SD card even when the card is corrupted or damaged.
With Recoverit, you can get all your data back within a few minutes. It is available in every version of Mac and Windows and can restore files from computers, external hard drives, and other storage devices.
Below are some of the key features that Recoverit offers:
- Crashed Computer Recovery: Wondershare Recoverit is an excellent tool that can recover data from your crashed computer. All you need to do is to prepare a blank USB drive and connect it to your computer. Then follow the instructions on Recoveit’ s guide to get lost files back.
- NAS/Linux Recovery: Wondershare Recoverit also assists with NAS and Linux recovery. The best part is that users don’t have to unplug the disk from the server to get their data back. It also supports a vast list of NAS storage devices like Western Digital, Thecus, BlackArmor, Synology, and many more. Apart from that, this software also makes data recovery from Linux simple and hassle-free. You can scan and recover lost or deleted files from your Linux OS with EXT4, XFS, BFS, and BTRFS file systems.
- Video Recovery: The advanced video recovery feature makes Recoverit the best recovery tool. Regardless of how large the video file is, it can scan the file and recover the complete video effectively.
- Video Repair: In addition to recovering lost video files and providing access to the files as a whole, the tool also supports repairing corrupted and damaged video files.
SD Card Recovery with Wondershare Recoverit
Recovering data from SD cards with Wondershare Recoverit is easy. Here are the simple steps to get the files back:
- Step 1: First, ensure the SD card is connected to the computer.
- Step 2: Download and install Wondershare Recoverit on your PC from the official website.
- Step 3: Next, launch the software, and on the home screen, Recoverit will list the storage devices on your PC. Choose your SD card from the provided list and hit the ‘Start’ button to proceed.
- Step 4: Wondershare will start to scan the memory card for lost data; this could take a few minutes to complete.
- Step 5: Once the scanning process is complete, check the recovered files, and you can preview selected files like photos, videos, and even documents.
- Step 6: Select the files you want to recover from your SD card and click the ‘Recover’ button.
- Step 7: Recoverit will require choosing a new save path for your recovered files. Once you select the new path, click ‘Save.’ Your new files will be saved to your chosen location.
That’s all you need. With these simple steps, you can perform SD card data recovery successfully. It is a simple solution to your SD card data loss situation.
Part 2: Common Data Loss Reasons on SD Card
Many factors could cause you to lose data on your SD Card. However, we’ve outlined the most common reasons that could cause data loss on SD cards.
This is the most common reason you could lose SD card data. Some users might delete or format the files on an SD card by mistake. Some people damage their SD card by bending it heaving, causing it to break and rendering the card unusable.
This is another reason why you could lose data on the SD card. Sometimes, improper use of the device can result in it malfunctioning. When this happens, there’s a strong chance you could lose all your files on the device, including photos, videos, documents, and many more.
Another common cause of data loss on SD cards is formatting. Although formatting can sometimes fix some issues on your SD card, it could also cause you to lose your audio files, photos, videos, and documents. This is terrible if you don’t have a backup, and the files are essential.
Another reason you could lose data on your SD card is a power outage. When you’re using your SD card on the PC, and a power outage occurs, it could cause the PC to shut down suddenly, resulting in the loss of unsaved files. Additionally, such a scenario could cause your existing files to become corrupt.
SD cards are commonly used worldwide to provide extended storage on mobile devices and digital cameras. Sometimes, these devices contain irreplaceable data with sentimental value for users. If you ever lose the files on your SD card due to human error, power outage, and many more reasons, you can utilize Wondershare Recoverit to recover all your files. It is an easy and secure method to access your important files again and without stress.