TeamPlatform is boosting the cool factor of CAD on the cloud. This week the web-based 3D project collaboration platform launches 3dFile.io. View the largest number of 3D file formats right in your browser. Just drag and drop your 3D model, grab the link and share it. Best thing, it’s absolutely free.
We’ve seen a few WebGl Viewers for 3D models and I know for certain we’ll see more. At the moment, this is the most complete, feature-rich app to view 3D files and collaborate with others online. It runs in all modern browsers (except Internet Explorer) without a plugin, making it extremely easy to use. It has all the features you would expect with a 3D viewing app, including measurement and download of the file. There are no way to disable those though and there’s a 10MB file upload limit.
- Drag and Drop files to upload
- Creates permanent URL to model
- View, Pan, Rotate
- Seven view Presets
- Realtime measurement
- Share link via email, Twitter, Facebook
- 3 Display modes (Solid, Solid Wire, Shiny)
- 3 Appearance modes (Transparency, Light Intensity, Bleach)
- File upload size: less than 10MB
- Download model in original format
File Formats supported
- Native CAD – SLDPRT, CATPRODUCT, Pro/E, Assemblies, and more
- Neutral CAD – IGES, STEP, JT, and more
- 3D Scan Data – STL, PLY (Color), and more
- Share family 3D portraits with Grandkids
- Email weight-loss scans to Friends
- Quickly send models for 3D Printing
- Post 3D scans of the dog on Facebook
- Uses AWS CDN Global Network
- Same Privacy & Security Policy as TeamPlatform
- State-of-the-Art, High-Performance lossless compression technology by TeamPlatform
3Dfile.io is completely free, with the 10MB limit. I’m nearly positive this will be expanded with paid options for larger uploads. You can check out the faq here. You can also find 3Dfile.io in the Chrome Store .