How many times have you looked at your iPhone and wished it was an Android? The opposite? No? Well, what if you had an iPhone and Android together? What lunacy is this, you ask? And what if it included twice the battery life, removable storage, a second 5″ display AND a headphone jack? Well now, hello. ESTI has the first of its kind. The ‘Eye’ Smart Android Case for iPhone.
Eye Android iPhone Case
Strapping Android to an iPhone?! Isn’t that brand loyalty blasphemy? Yes, there will be plenty an Apple/Android fanboy likening this case to a parasitic virus, but if you care more about practical functionality and less about logos, you’ll love the features this case mixes in.
Case features include:
- Up to 256GB of extra physical storage
- IR & RF blaster and receiver
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 5″ FHD AMOLED screen
- 3GB LPDDR3 Memory
- Touch and physical button in one
- 2800 mAh extra juice for your phone
- Lightning port for iPhones
- USB C for android devices
- NFC, open for all uses
Android features include:
- Native call recording.
- Real file explorer.
- Recognition of unknown numbers (with apps like Truecaller).
- Moving files freely between your computer and handset (just drag and drop).
- Full customization of OS colors, icons, home and lock screen and much more.
- Enjoy real multitasking—back up all kind of files to the cloud on the background with 3rd party apps (e.g., Google Photos). Send large files to friends trough IM apps without the need to stay in the application for the transfer.
- Android exclusive apps including:
- Casper (save snaps on Snapchat, among other Snapchat hacks).
- OGInsta+ (Instagram hacks/tweaks, download/save a photo/video to photo library).
- Popcorn Time, Kodi, Showbox, SopCast and TV Portal.
- Screen recording.
- TubeMate, FireTube and Floating Tube.
- Amazon Underground.
- NFC Tools.
- You can even install and play the original Flappy Bird!
- Root the Eye for even more possibilities.
The more I think about this, the more I’m surprised it hasn’t been done sooner. It’s so odd, and so practical all at once.
With a screen gap on the Android side, scratching the screen is eliminated when laying flat and you have just enough space for a screen protector. If you’re into taking selfie’s, the screen mirrors the iPhone screen in camera mode so you can see exactly what’s in the frame. The always-on display also allows for time/photo display and, of course, notifications.
How much thickness does it add to the iPhone? I have a mophie case which contains a battery to extend the battery life of the phone. That’s all it does. It’s thick but isn’t uncomfortable. So that’s why I find the image below quite interesting – the mophie Juice Pack at 0.57″ thick and the ESTI Eye at 0.52″ thick. A small difference, but huge given there’s a second phone strapped to the back of your iPhone.
Why would you need a second phone on the back of your iPhone? The extra juice, storage and headphone jack may be reason enough for some, but those who want their Android apps or already carry two mobile devices, this is a bit of a no-brainer.
The Kickstarter campaign crossed the $95,000 goal early on. With less that two days to go, you can still get one at the campaign price for $119 or a 4G version for $149 with other options for 4X and 10X bulk packs. (They’re pushing for a $1,000,000 goal to add waterproofing for the case.) If you don’t make it though, don’t worry, these are sure to be available for pre-sale on there website and later on when it will retail for $189 and $229 (4G).
The case will be available for iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus 7, 7s, 7 Plus, 7s Plus and the next iPhone model (one month after its launch). It’s still in the prototyping stage, but set for delivery worldwide in September 2017.
VERY interested to know what you think about this and, to any future users who have one, let us know how it has worked out for you!