Thickness Levels: 0.6 to 4.8 millimeters
Pasta Shapes: Lasagne, Fettuccine, and Tagliolini
Dimensions: 7 3/4″ x 8 1/2″ x 6″
Weight: 5.2 pounds
Power Source: Mechanical or Electrical (Using the Optional Drive Motor)
Price:Check Price On Amazon
- The best pasta maker offering affordable price but excellent quality, thanks to its steel body and rollers.
- Comes with a hand crank, clamp with ABS plastic handles, instruction book, and narrow and wide cutters.
- Can also work for unleavened bread products.
- Can be turned into an electric unit using the optional drive motor.
- Offers 10 levels of thickness and the spaces in the rollers are even from end to end.
Producing pasta at home can be stressful without the proper equipment. Thankfully, there are lots of pasta makers you can purchase on the market. You can even have one full of bells and whistles but they are not really necessary. What’s more important is the precision of the unit to deliver precision in the thickness and cuts of your pasta. In that case, we give you the best pasta maker right now: the MARCATO Atlas 150.
If you are looking for an Italian-quality pasta maker, there is no doubt that MARCATO Atlas 150 is the best option. This Italian-made pasta maker weighs 5.2 pounds which is quite heavy for its size (7 3/4″ x 8 1/2″ x 6″). This, however, reflects its solid build. Its body is made of chrome-plated steel and boasts a glossy finish while the rollers are in anodized aluminum alloy. But beyond its physical beauty is a very practical and functional unit that can offer excellent output every time.
Atlas 150 can produce 3 pasta shapes: lasagne, fettuccine, and tagliolini. There is 1 hand crank included in the package but you can place it to any of the 3 drive holes of the unit to access the 3 different pasta rollers of Atlas 150. This way, you can instantly change the cut or shape of the pasta.
If the hand crank doesn’t appeal to you, the brand also offers a separate motor that can turn it into an electric unit instantly. Nonetheless, it might be unnecessary since turning the hand crank itself is truly easy, smooth, and enjoyable. Plus, it is completely silent! And in case you plan to use it for serious pasta-making projects, MARCATO sells 12 separate pasta accessories/attachments which will allow you to create other pasta shapes.
On the other hand, Atlas 150 offers a total of 10 thickness levels ranging from 0.6 to 4.8 millimeters. You can change the thickness by pulling and turning the adjustment knob on the side of the unit. Our reviewers were very pleased with the distinctive thickness of each level which starts with 0 (4.8 mm). From end to end of the maximum 150 mm dough width, the roller delivered even thickness whatever level we had set.
As for the cleanup, Atlas 150 is not advised to be washed in the dishwasher. Yet, we don’t see it as an issue as it is the same almost to all models. After all, cleaning the unit itself is effortless. With just a brush and a piece of fabric, you can remove the flour and other debris on its surface in a snap.
MARCATO Atlas 150 FAQs:
Does the manual of MARCATO Atlas 150 pasta maker come in Italian?
- The manual of the MARCATO Atlas 150 has translations for various languages including English.
Does the MARCATO Atlas 150 pasta maker use a specific brush to clean it after use?
- The MARCATO Atlas 150 does not come with an additional cleaning brush. Nonetheless, you can use any type of clean, soft brush for it.
Do I need to buy the attachments to use the MARCATO Atlas 150 pasta maker?
- MARCATO Atlas 150 pasta maker comes with 3 rollers upon purchase. With the said rollers, you can create 3 shapes of pasta. The remaining attachments are just optional for other pasta shapes.