We’re always talking about the future of design, the future of technology, the future of MAKING. In a world where batteries that dissolve in the human body could power embedded health sensors, a world where music listeners can control and direct their own immersive music video experience, how do we find the next big thing? MakerGalaxy is a show that explores the crossroads of Design, Technology, and the Future of Making.
This week we talked with the president and CEO of a new initiative from Autodesk, Ms. Lynelle Cameron of the Autodesk Foundation. This new program from the leading software manufacturer aims to change how we think about Impact Design by taking great ideas and bringing them to reality faster than ever before. We’ll talk with Lynelle about everything from how she got involved with Autodesk after living in the Himalayas, how Autodesk is matching up with nonprofit product design firms, as well as what you can do to bring that great idea to life.
We’ll be discussing:
- Where can we find the best brunch on earth?
- What is ‘Impact Design’ and who are ‘Impact Designers’?
- How has additive manufacturing changed the landscape of Impact Design?
- How can somebody with a great idea get involved with the Autodesk Foundation?
- What will Impact Design look like in the next ten years?
- …and more!
For more information on submitting a project or the Autodesk Foundation in general, be sure to head over to the Autodesk Foundation site.