We’re always talking about the future of design, the future of technology, the future of MAKING. In a world where we can interact with empty space, a world where we can 3D print our own shower curtain rings and bionic ears, a world where we’ll be sending people to space for vacation, how do we find the next ‘big thing’? Maker Galaxy is a show that explores the crossroads of Design, Technology, and the Future of Making.
This week we have a special guest whose revolutionary earbud design company was voted one of the best startups of 2013 by the Wall Street Journal….Mr Stephen Ambrose, CEO and Founder of Asius Technologies. We’ll talk with Stephen about everything from how he hacked together what would later become the world’s first in-ear monitor for live musicians to how he and his company approach their design process and where he thinks ‘headphone designs’ are headed in the next five years.
We’ll be discussing:
- How did the world’s first in-ear monitor come to be?
- Sound engineer or inventor first…or both at the same time?
- The problem space with sound delivery designs today
- How to create a better headphone design
- Process: From manufacturing to communicating
- …and more!